Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

It's the agents turn


Player agent Ritch Winter has some words of wisdom for the NHL owners:
"We're not going to lay down and kill the game just because a bunch of basketball people want their way," he said. "Why are we taking directions from a bunch of basketball executives who only know how to lose millions of dollars, minimize talent and (screw up) TV deals?"
What's with the "we" crap? The only people that I can stand less than Goodenow and Bettman are the greaseball player agents. Take a look at what you just said there Rich baby. You're telling us that the NHL owners have no clue as to how they should manage their own business? Give me a break and get over yourself.

If it happened that the agents were somehow employed by the owners instead of the players, you can rest assured that they would be singing the exact opposite tune. The only reason that they have gotten their panties in a knot is because they stand to lose enormous sums of money. It's not that they have the best interests of hockey in mind.

Can anyone, including the agents themselves, seriously tell me that they have the best interests of the game in mind? Of course they don't. Yet they have the nerve to express disdain towards a bunch of "basketball people" because they know nothing of hockey and don't know what's best for the game as a whole.

Excuse me whilst I go and retch.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Casey said…

    I couldn't have said it better myself.

    At this point, the agents are most concerned about getting paid, not getting decertified by the NHLPA, and not getting sued for misrepresenting their clients. They are in survival mode.

    I expected all the agents to come out of the meeting singing from the NHLPA song book.

    Rest assured, there has been a great deal of heated discussion between the agents and NHLPA leadership over the past 5 months.

     
  • At 1:15 PM, Blogger Richpoo said…

    Nice blog. Please check out my authority sports store site. It is all about authority sports store informations.

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My stylist recommended this product for my medium to long hair that tends to have some wave and frizz. I

    have never had a flat iron, but I can successfully get the smooth, straight look I want in 7 minutes, and my hair is pretty thick. The iron heats up in one minute, and is easy to use because of its slim

    design. I would recommend not starting at anything beyond the 35-40 setting to start with or you may really damage your hair. Other than that, this is a great purchase and I'm happy to have it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home