Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Naslund sounds off on lawsuit


I think we now all know where Markus Naslund stands on the issue of Steve Moore's lawsuit against Todd Bertuzzi and the Canucks.
"He's suing everyone so he can make money," Naslund told the Vancouver Sun from Sweden. "I've got no respect for him at all.

Even talking to his teammates, it seems evident he doesn't have a lot of support in hockey."

"This is just a guy who's trying to hit a home run (financially)," Naslund said to the Sun.

"Someone who wasn't good enough to play...I'm not saying what (Bertuzzi did) was right. But if it was me, I'd be doing everything I could to get back and play and show everyone the character I have, instead of trying to sue everyone."
Naslund is usually much more subdued in his comments but this time it appears that there's no holding back.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Casey said…

    Markus is one of the classiest guys in the game. I've got huge respect for him.

    Having said that, he's way off side here. Moore may not be the second coming of Gretzky, but the guy's ability to make a living (even in the AHL) is now pretty much gone. He deserves remuneration.

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is already precedents set for players suing for their actions on the ice. In 1978 Wilf Paiement of the Leafs slashed Dennis Polonich of the Red wings across the face drawing blood ane wrecking his face. Polonich sued in court and won receiving 850.000.Players are responsible for what they do.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Brett Mirtle said…

    I'm sure Naslund was speaking mostly n emotion in this case. He's usually pretty level headed and these comments are contrary to his personality.

    This whole incident is such a black eye for the NHL and I'm sure that almost everyone wants this to simply disappear.

    I find it intersting that Naslund says many of Moore's teammates do not support him in his law-suit (Forsberg included).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home