Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Super Bowl set


The highlight of the day for me yesterday was watching the Eagles finally make it to the Super Bowl. But, can the stiffling Philly defense stop the raging New England Pats? It's a hard task, no doubt, and hopefully the big game results in much less of a snoozefest than previous championship games have proven to be.

The Patriots are already 6 point favorites, and my head is telling me that they will walk off the field in Jacksonville as Super Bowl champs for the third time in four years. But the rest of me will be cheering for the Eagles to upset the mighty team from New England, much like the Pats did to the Rams when they claimed their first title.

As much as I'd like to see McNabb & Co. take it to the Patriots, I don't think that has any chance of being the outcome. New England is just too strong as they have shown by systematically dismantling both the Colts and the Steelers with ease. The six point spread given by Las Vegas oddsmakers may be generous to the Eagles.

So, as much as it pains me to say so, for what it's worth, and for those who care, my official prediction is the New England Patriots to run roughshod over Philadelphia.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home