Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Strachan gets it right?


Just for the record, I am not an Al Strachan fan. His hate-on for Gary Bettman and the owners shines through in most of his commentary and it drives me insane (there's two sides to the story, Al). Still, despite the fact that when he wrote his latest column, his nostrils were probably wildly flaring as he chucked flaming darts at his 'Down with Bettman' poster, I can admit when he gets it right.

Basically, he responds to the NHL's placing of blame entirely at the feet of the players. More specifically, he retorts the comments of Bill Daly:

So, is Daly suggesting that because the players used the system that was in place in a competent fashion, they are responsible for the league's ills?

If the system was that bad, why did the league renew it twice? Is that the union's fault?

I agree Al. As I stated here, blaming the players entirely is
an asinine suggestion. But I'm glad it was said because the hockey fodder was getting pretty thin. It's too bad that we can't have a national debate on the CBA. Put Bettman and Goodenow on the podium and just let 'em fly. I might even be inclined to order that on pay per view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home