Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Monday, January 17, 2005

NFL conference finals set


The New England Patriots were thought to be ripe for the picking. All of the talk previous to the weekend was about how the Colts were primed to unseat the Pats from their perch, and I must admit, I believed it could be done. However, when it came to the actual game, none of the hype came to fruition. The Colts were dominated. Colour me impressed by the Pats performance.

The Pats defense dominated the Colts offense. Perhaps more accurately, the fact that New England had the possession of the ball for almost double of what the Colts did, tells the tale. The Indianapolis offense - the NFL's best, apaprently - could only muster one field goal.

As much as that game failed to live up to the hype, fans on Saturday were treated to an intense finish in Pittsburgh. In my view, this game was the treat of the weekend. The Jets should have won that game - twice - but failed to kick home the winning field goal. The Steelers can thank their lucky stars, as they in no way deserved to win. They had better get their game together for next week, or else the Patriots will run them out of Steeltown.

The Falcons/Rams game was sort of ho-hum for me, and the outcome was no surprise. In Philly, the Eagles showed me that they have plenty of fight left in them, despite missing their superstar, Terrell Owens. He's a huge loss, no doubt, but they may have enough to overcome the Falcons next week.

My picks for next week:

I take New England to overcome the Steelers, and Philadelphia Eagles to get by the Atlanta Falcons.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks designed for sharing such a good thinking, post is fastidious, thats why i have read it entirely

    Review my blog weight lifting

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, just wanted to say, I liked this article. It was practical.

    Keep on posting!

    my webpage - atlaslm.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home