Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Esposito not on players' side


Yet another opinion comes trickling in about the NHL standoff. Hall of Famer Phil Esposito chimes in with his two cents:
"Well, for the first time in my lifetime, I don't agree with the players," Esposito said Tuesday. "I think they're wrong this time. It's the first time, ever, that I ever thought the players were wrong. And this time I just do not understand what the big deal is with a salary cap. I just don't understand it....(It's) not going to affect anybody, but it might take away the 10-11 million dollar player which, there is no room for it anyway in the National Hockey League, because the revenues just don't justify it."
You know, I may not agree that a hard salary cap is a necessity, however, I don't think that I've heard a satisfactory response from the NHLPA as to whay a salary cap is such a dirty concept. I'm with you Phil, an explanation is required.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home