Commentary, opinion and news on the world of hockey.

Monday, January 17, 2005

Crosby Update


Sidney Crosby has been taking some heat in the Vancouver media for his failure to show up for the CHL Top Prospects game. The talk this afternoon on the David Pratt and Don Taylor show featured on the Team1040 AM radio, is that many people bought their tickets hoping for a chance to see him play and now they are irked at the notion that Crosby will be a no-show.

For me, if Crosby is truly injured, why on Earth would he travel across the country to play in an exhibition game? He has nothing to prove in this scenario. His focus has to be with his health and his junior team as they gear up for their playoff run. It makes no sense to me. But I guess the contention from some of the local Vancouver media is that his injury may not be all that serious and the least Crosby could do would be to show up in Vancouver to sign some autographs and make a personal appearance.

Just for the record, Pratt and Taylor were defending Crosby's decision to remain at home.

**Update**

Ron Toigo, the the organizer of the CHL prospects game, has some choice words about Crosby's decision to stay home on Wednesday. From TSN:
"For the guy who wants to be the next Wayne Gretzky ... the history of Wayne Gretzky is that he would be here with one leg if that's what it took because it's good for the game," Toigo, the game's promoter says..."Somewhere this has lost focus...It's all about the game and the fans who want to see this guy...The direction from the GM (Doris Labonte, GM of the Oceanic) is unfortunate, very small-market-minded and a real disappointment to all of us here."
Hmmm. Can we say bitter?

7 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous telemarketing said…

    Brett Mirtle, This site came up when I was doing my research on voice message broadcasting. Even though my search for voice message broadcasting information to support Crosby Update may not end here, your site provides valuable content will certainly will perpetuate. Thanks for the read.

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous prospects said…

    I’ve been researching the subject leads and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my Crosby Update project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for leads related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to Brett Mirtle, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous lead generation said…

    My visit to your site, Brett Mirtle, was the results of the prospects search for information regarding the subject Crosby Update. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the prospects project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

     
  • At 3:52 AM, Anonymous autodialers said…

    Hi, Brett Mirtle, I was surfing and searching for some info on refinance leads and noticed your site. Your this post Crosby Update though sounded interesting so I took a look. It was not relevant to my refinance leads I was glad to read your interesting comments. Keep up the fantastic blogging.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous voice broadcasting said…

    Hi Brett Mirtle, Crosby Update, was Not what I was searching for, which is voice broadcasting. but none the less and interesting blog here. Thanks for putting it up. I've enjoyed reading alot of the text here. I got you bookmarked for the future, I'll be back http://www.lowcosttraffic.com/mlm-telerecruiter.html

     
  • At 4:08 AM, Anonymous voice broadcasting said…

    Hello there, Brett Mirtle, I thought your Crosby Update blog was great with good comments. Awesome. Nice Blog. voice broadcastingl .

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Anonymous telemarketing said…

    Hi, Brett Mirtle, I was surfing and searching for some info on telemarketing and noticed your site. Your this post Crosby Update though sounded interesting so I took a look. It was not relevant to my telemarketing I was glad to read your interesting comments. Keep up the fantastic blogging.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home